Freedom of Information Act
New Model Publication Scheme 2008, Auckley Parish Council
The Publication Scheme
In line with section 20 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Information Commissioner has now developed and approved a new model publication scheme which was adopted, without modification, by the Parish Council at its meeting on
12th November 2008. The scheme will be valid until further notice and any modification which removes information from the model scheme will require the approval of the Information Commissioner.
The scheme commits a Parish Council to:
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine information, including environmental information, held by the Council and falls within the classes outlined below.
- Specify the information which is held by the Council and falls within the classes below
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine information in line with the statements contained within the scheme..
- Produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- Review and update on a regular basis the information the Council makes available under the scheme.
- Produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available
- Make the publication scheme available to the public.
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law or exempt under the
Freedom of Information Act.
- Information in draft form
- Information no longer readily available as it is contained in files which are in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Method by which information published under the scheme will be made available :
- The information is included on the Parish Council’s website: www.auckleyvillage.co.uk and a copy is posted on the village notice boards.
- Information can also be obtained from the Clerk to the Council by e-mailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01302 770922. If necessary an appointment to view documentation will be made within a reasonable timescale following the request.
- The Council will adhere to requirements under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats.
Charges which may be made for information published under the scheme:
- Material on the website is free of charge
- Charges for routinely published material will be kept to a minimum.
- Charges may be made for actual disbursement incurred, e.g. photocopying, postage/packing plus the cost directly incurred as a result of viewing information
- Charges may also be made for information provided under the scheme where they are legally authorised.
- Where a charge is made this will be confirmed to an applicant in advance* The Parish Council may also request payment prior to providing the information if it so wishes.
- *For the time being the cost will be 10 pence per sheet plus any postage charges.
This will be current information only:
- Who’s who on Council and Committees.
- Contact details for Clerk and members (with telephone number, address and e-mail address)
- Current/previous financial year as minimum
- Annual return form and auditor’s report
- Finalised budget
- Any borrowing approval letter
- Financial Standing Orders/Regulations
- List of current contracts award and value
- Members’ allowances and expenses
- Parish Plan
- Annual Report to Parish
- Quality status
- Local charters drawn to DCLG guidelines
- Timetable of all meetings
- Agendas of all meetings
- Minutes of all meetings (excluding information properly regarded as private to the meeting)
- Reports presented to Council meetings (-ditto-)
- Responses to consultation papers
- Responses to planning applications
- Policies and procedures for the conduct of business
- Procedural standing orders
- Committee/sub committee terms of reference
- Delegated authority in respect of officers
- Code of Conduct
- Policy Statements
- Policies and procedures for provision of Services and the employment of staff
- Internal policies relating to the delivery of services
- Equality/diversity policy
- Health and safety policy
- Complaints procedures (inc. requests for information and operating the publication scheme)
- Records management policies (records retention, destruction and archive)
- Data protection policies
- Schedule of charges (for publication of information)
- Assets register
- Register of members’ interests
- Register of gifts and hospitality
- Class 7
- Parks, playing fields and recreational facilities
- Seating, litter bins, memorials and lighting